Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One child and It..

We went to an outdoor performance of Five Children and It tonight and sam was captivated. We had heard the story on little toe a couple of months ago and to be honest I didn't think that he had paid any attention. He must have though because he knew the story. He really seemed to enjoy it, especially as we went with F and her children and M and her son. Just as we were walking home the heavens opened and we had the most tremendous thunder and lightening storm. Poor sam was frightened but as we were half way home on foot there was nothing I could do. I did my best to cheer him up and thankfully the storm finished by the time we got home. He is now snuggled up in my bed as he said that would make him feel better. He must habe been shattered because he was asleep with 5 minutes.

We had a lovely surprise this morning-a parcel from my friend Mary containing the most wonderful animal cookie cutters complete with sugar cookie recipe as well as the scrummiest lip balms for me. It was so sweet of her and a wonderful surprise. Sam was so delighted it was all I could do to persuade him to save making them for later in the day. We had a few mystery jobs to do and a bit of food shopping before we could have fun baking.

After all our jobs were done we got down to the business of baking. We had a ball, especially with the decorating. I think there were more hundreds & thousands on sam than there were on the cookies. They turned out really well and were delicious-thank you so much Mary!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your surprise.