Monday, August 22, 2005

A trip down memory lane

Today was, despite the rain, a day filled with sunshine and smiles. Sam and I met up with my friend M and her two delightful children at woburn safari park. The last time M and I were there together was 24 years ago on a school trip!!! Writing that makes me feel ancient. M and I have kept in touch sporadically over the years and today was the first time we have met up since before her oldest (almost 7) was born. The children got on really well and sam is gutted that they don't live close enough to visit on a weekly basis. M and I nattered the whole time, catching up and playing the do you remember game. I even brought along photos of our last trip to woburn-we were quite a sight in our school uniforms. If you had told us then that one day we would bring our children to woburn to meet we would have told you you were crazy. I for one was never going to have children-I was going to be far too busy being a writer/archaeologist.

We did get round to most of the animals but to be honest they were not to priority. The children were happy getting to know each other and we were having fun catching up. I am just sorry that we don't live closer, it would be so nice to see them more often. We will have to fit the smart with turbo engines so we can cruise down and see them in double quick time.
The photos at the end of this post are from today-except the one of my dad of course. My dad and step mom are currently in tennessee and dad and an old friend took their bikes out riding last week. Dad got his gold wing about 2 years ago and he loves it. He took me for a spin when we were out there and I have to say it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be.

No comments: