Sunday, October 23, 2005

A well rounded weekend

Sam and I managed to fit in lots of fun stuff as well as getting some work done and giving the house a good clean.

Saturday we did a couple of mystery jobs before heading to Happy Faces for bday party. Almost all of 'the boys' were there and it was lovely to catch up with everyone. Sam was so pleased because for the first time ever he won pass the parcel! It was a pack of 100 magic markers and he spent the entire ride home counting them. We then headed up to the USAF base at Molesworth for their annual holiday bazaar. It was like being home in the states again-it made me feel homesick and wistful. I also reverted to my military upbringing and called everyone we enountered in uniform sir! Dad would be proud of me. We didn't buy too much but it was fun looking around. We did buy a pumpkin from the girl scout troop, they were raising funds to go to the same camp in switzerland that I had attended 23 years ago. Boy did that make me feel old. It couldn't have been that long ago, I remember it like it was yesterday.
Once sam was in bed I spent all saturday night putting things on ebay. I listed 28 things and not one bid yet! Somebody out there must want M's old text books. Stayed up way too late finishing the book for book group. We read Vernon God Little and I am not sure what to make of it. I think it is supposed to be humorus in a dark way but I didn't really see the funny side. The second half was definately better than the first.

Today we spent all morning cleaning, or should I say I spent all morning cleaning while sam created a city out of his lincoln logs. I was amazed how well he occupied himself. I asked him several time if he wanted to help me and each time he said he was happy as he was. that suited me fine because it is quicker to clean on my own. This afternoon we went down to the trains. It was the last session of the season. The train rides were free and sam took advantage of that. Several friends were there and the children ran amok as ususal. I think we were the last to leave. Sam is already counting down the days until the open again (he has a long wait, they don't open again until easter!)

A fairly busy week ahead, we aren't going to have a formal half term break because we had most of last week off due to illness. we are taking it so slowly anyway that I don't think either of us really need a break.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everyone is over the epidemic!