Monday, October 10, 2005

Not himself.

that is the best way to describe sam today. he woke up cranky and spent the whole day that way. Either it is PMS or he is coming down with my bug. Nothing seemed right for him today, though he did perk up a bit when we went over to merry's to play. I hope that whatever the cause he is in a better mood tomorrow. I can't face another day of a grumpy, weepy child.
This morning we visited a local mosque with our home ed group-one of the father's was instrumental in is design and decoration. It was a very interesting visit and despite his complaining I think sam enjoyed it. Our guide spoke very eloquently on Islam and Mohamed and the chilidren had lots of interesting questions for him. Merry kindly asked us back to her afterwords so we went back for lunch and a play. After lunch sam disappeared upstairs with the girls, I could occasionally her cries of "oh sam" so I think even the girls were frustrated by his bad mood.

We are talking about mammals in science now so I dug our our copy of the secret life of mammals and we watched an episode. It was interested by seemed very long and sam was fed up by the end. We only have 2 episodes on that dvd so must have a scout around on ebay and charity shops to see if I can find any others in the series. We have fallen a bit behind on our science experiments so I think that we will devote wednesday or thursday to them. It will please sam no end to have a science day.

No comments: