Monday, October 17, 2005

A good start to the week..

you know it is going to be a good week when your 4.5 yr old hands you a box of mechano at 7am and requests that you help him build something! what is it about children and mornings. my son wakes up so bright and bubbly it is almost painful. I don't mind mornings, even early mornings I just need time to compose myself before embarking on major building works. Apart from the mechano at dawn we had a good day. We had fun with our normals and even got a chance to snuggle up on the sofa and watch more of the life of mammals. ( I must try and find the rest of the series on dvd.) We have now completed singapore early bird kindergarten 2A and he has enjoyed it. It is an easy book to work from and he is excited about starting the next one tomorrow. he has also grown to love dot to dot books and luckiy there are a fair few usborne ones lying around. they have really helped him to get to grips with numerical order.

We had friends to play in the afternoon and then did lots of arty activities. We made more deepas to replace the one that broke and then sam finished his weaving. All in all a good day.

We also had a great weekend. Being in london again was great and it was fun just being able to wander. I really enjoyed 'We will rock you' and would go see it again. Sam had a lovely time with the in laws until the early hours of saturday morning. poor love came down with a tummy bug so was up most of the night. I was racked with guilt when my mil told me about it the next morning. He seemed in good spirits when we picked him up but he was very tired. He slept all afternoon and was in bed by 7 and then slept all night. He seems to be better today but hasn't had much of an appetite so he can't be 100%.

We have a fun busy week ahead and are looking forward to archaeology day with the beans and the puddlers. must dry and find my fingerless gloves and my steel toe boots!

1 comment:

sam said...

oh dear! Hope everyone is feeling better now. sam is fine but has kindly passed it on to me!