Sunday, October 30, 2005

couldn't they have thought of something else?

I am sitting here watching the BBC's new docudrama on Egpyt. When they first announced it a little whle ago I was quite excited, thinking that it would be something new and original. Instead what do they start the series with?? Howard Carter and the finding of Tukenkamun's tomb. I agree that is is very interesting but it has been done to death. There are so many interesting areas to cover and stories to tell-why did they start with this one? Everyone with even a modicum of interest in egypt knows the story of the finding of the tomb-tell us a story we don't know. I hope they do something more original with the next episode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you watch Dan Cruicshank on BBC2 afterwards - quiet interesting about (I've gorgotten the name) the tomb workers village they found.

sam said...

I think I enjoyed that programme better than the docudrama! what a great job dan cruickshank has.