Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, whether your children be human, feline or canine!! Lots of hugs to auntie lyn, cheryl, mary, amy, aunt peg and grandma. To all my english friends, today is mother's day in the us.
We have had a nice weekend, lots of pottering, tidying and gardening. The house is starting to come together again. Instead of having boxes everywhere to go through they are all now piled on the old sofa. If we do a box an evening it shouldn't take us long to go through. Have tons of stuff to get rid of, may do a car boot sale, if not will store it all away for the next nearly new sale. Sam and I spent ages in the front yard yesterday, weeding and planting. We planted lots of lovely summery flowers, I just hope a few of them grow. He is very into planting at the moment and I just can't keep up with his enthusiasm. There are only so many places we can plant things and so many containers we can fill. The corn he and M planted is doing well as are the sunflowers.
Today being sunday we, of course, went to the trains. M was home so he came along, I think it is his first visit this season. Sam was disapointed that his favorite engines weren't there but still managed to have a few rides.
We did more of the sonlight science yesterday and will do our first experiment tomorrow. Sam is so excited, he loves doing experiments. I don't know how I am going cope if he turns out to be science orientated. that is so not me-I am much more history and english lit orientated. If he does love soience M is going to have to take over more of the teaching-if only because after too long I won't be able to answer sam's questions!!
A busy day tomorrow-I hate busy mondays, rushing and stressing out too early in the week is not good for my mental health!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Did you and Sam plant nasturtiums? They are practically foolproof and put on a fantastic show thru the summer until the first frost in the fall. The bush variety are prettier than the trailing types. Forgive me I'm biased...I have 5 envelopes to plant once we finally get out of the 40's and 50's here. They are my absolute favorites! Love, M

sam said...

yes, we did-I don't know what kind though, whatever came in the variety pack we bought. I hope they grow, it is still in the 50s here!

sam said...

thank you and to you! It was nice seeing you as well-glad the drawers are okay.

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day to you! had the girls over for dinner and they wore us out. sounds like you all are doing well. amber and i are doing headsprout and she really likes it! grandpa kicked us off the computer on sunday, so we have to finish our game!! have a safe trip to dublin (?this weekend?) and tell m we all are very proud of him and congratulations!!hugs & kisses