Sunday, May 22, 2005

A disturbing night so far

The night is not going well so far. First sam fell out of bed for the first time. He was crying in the middle of the floor when I went to check on him. I put him back to bed and snuggled him until he fell asleep.

I had just gotten back to sleep when I was awoken by a burning smell. Luckily it was coming from outside. I opened the bathroom window to the sight of the fire brigade putting out a burning car in the village hall car park. I watched while they put it out and made sure it was safe. This has really unnerved me, what if someone hadn't called the fire brigade-would the car have exploded??? I don't feel as safe here now, if this can happen what else is in store. A couple of summers ago we went through a spate of teenagers breaking into the village hall and our cars and I pray that this isn't the start of something similar. I just can't understand why people can be so destructive-have they no respect for others and their property?? I feel for the person who owns the car-what a nasty shock they are going to have when they discover what happened to it.

I just hope I can get back to sleep-sam will be up before you know it, bright as a button ready to start the day. It is currently raining and if it is like this in the morning we won't be doing the car boot sale. I hope it is dry-I don't want to have to put all this stuff back up in the loft.

good night-again!

1 comment:

sam said...

hi ruth! I did in the end after several hours and a few trips around the blog ring! welcome to the ring it is very addictive.