Sunday, September 25, 2005

Friends, Romans, Countrymen....

This was how we spent the afternoon, in the company of all three. The puddles and beans and jax kindly let us tag along to a trip to a local country park where they were doing celtic/roman reenactments. It was really interesting and sam's favorite bit was making a clay pot (big surprise there!). He also enjoyed seeing the troops practice but kept refering to it as jousting. It was fun spending time with the three families and the children all got along really well. The cambridge archaeological service had set up a mini hands on museum for the children and they got to try their hand at excavating,identifying finds and building mosaic pictures. An event like this makes me question my decision to give up archaeology because I think I would have been good at the education side of it. Oh well, what is done is done who knows what opportunities may present themselves in the future. There is no way that I could return to it now, unless that is they let me bring sam along. I have tried to upload some pictures but we have used up our flickr allowance this month, I guess they will have to wait until next month.

Sam really enjoyed french yesterday and even consented to being in the class on his own. I was amazed but pleased. I managed to have a good look around the shops and splurged all my mystery earning from the month at monsoon. I can't be doing that every week. Next week I will just take a good book and sit and wait at starbucks.

A busy week ahead, we are seeing each of the boys, all on separate days which gives sam something to look forward to. He is really looking forward to london on thursday as am I.

2 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

I am flickring as we type! If you want any removed, let me know!!!
really lovely to see you. you can practice when we set up my veg/fruit bed dig!!

HelenHaricot said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.