Monday, July 03, 2006

Feeling hot, hot, hot,..

especially as our car has no air con! Sam and I went out to go swimming and run a few errands and came back dripping. Even with all the windows down in the stop and start traffic there was no breeze. I am not complaining because I would much rather be too hot than too cold, just wish our car had air con. Despite sweating buckets we have had a nice day.

Spent the morning doing normals, sam is really enjoying our science unit on the body-hope this is not a sign that he is destined for the medical profession! We did all our work outside in the sunshine and broke it up with relay races and sword fights with plastic baseball bats. We rounded off the session by working on sam's new scrapbook (thank you auntie lyn!!) He was so absorbed and concentrated so hard, I was amamzed. He did 4 pages, he chose all the photos and the stickers and I helped with the writing and sticking things down. He is very proud of his efforts and rightly so. Hopefully we will get the chance to finish the book this week. Big hugs to my aunt for giving us the books, I can't wait to start mine. Will blog photos of sam's album when he has done a few more pages.

We now have neighbours-neither are attached to us so we can still make lots of noise (at least for the time being). They both seem very nice and we plan to have them over in a couple of weeks. No one with children so far, sam is so deparate for a neighbour with children. I hope we get one and that they are his age!

1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

I have tagged you
http://petitsharicots.org.uk/weblog/2006/07/03/5-things/
SB loved the independence day, and has chris sorted out a meet yet?