Saturday, January 28, 2006

a quick blog before bed

it has been a long busy week and we have a very busy and exciting week ahead so may not get to blog too much. My dear friend M is coming from the states for the week so we will be playing tourist. I don't expect that too many normals will get done so it will effectively be our half term.

we have finally started our iditarod project by beginning our alaska lapbook. I just need to blow up the map of alaska so that we can plot the route of the race and choose our musher. M is bringing a couple of book on the race that I ordered from amazon and sam is very excited to read them. He is really interested in the race though I think the distances involved are a bit difficult for him to comprehend. I suppose I could say that it would be like driving back and forth to london 10 times. we are marching through sotw and are back on the egyptians. sam did a lovely picture of king tut;s mask. I am just sorry that I did not take more pictures when I was egypt, it would be nice to show him the sites as I saw them.

we made a big decision this week, we are going to get the house in shape to put it in on the market. matthew is exhausted by the daily commute so it makes sense to move closer to leicester. He would like a brand new house so we will head over to the new estate in leciester to have a look at what is on offer. it could be the end of the year before we do move, there is so much to do to bring the house up to a saleable condition. I am going to do as much as I can at evening and weekends to help take the pressure off of matthew. It will be sad to leave this house and peterborough, this is the longest I have ever lived anywhere in my whole life!

5 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

is someone trying to tell us something? we move into an area and everyone plans to move out!!.
commutes are grim though

Jax Blunt said...

I can agree with that. There does seem to be something in the air atm though.

dottyspots said...

Good luck! Dh lived in Leicester when I met him and really liked it there - we certainly considered moving there again (before moving up here) - but the family and work here swung it. Still, there is a little bit of me that said Leicester would've been nice (lots of friends over that way).

HelenHaricot said...

I hope you have had a great time with your firend.
i was discussing SOTW activiteis, and thought of you. what happened to the chicken??

sam said...

the chicken had a royal burial. I was surprised at the fact that it did mummify and that it didn't really smell. I have to confess that we buried it without wrapping it in bandages, I could face touching it that much!