Saturday, January 07, 2006

only my son..

could come up with a line like "mommy, my pteradon wants me to read chronicles of narnia to it, please can you come get it down off the shelf".When I went up to get the books he was surrouned by his fluffy dinos and most of his dino books. He had obviously been reading them bedtime stories. It was so cute. It wasn't so cute however, when 45 minutes later he still hadn't fallen aslelep!

Despite M not being here (he's at work) we have had a really lovely day. We went to cambridge to check out a few museums and do a little shopping. We went to the Sedgewick, which is one of his favs and spent ages on their time trail. Having done the OU fossils course I enjoyed it even more as I was able to put things into context. We had intended to visit the museum of classical archaeology and the anthropology/archaeology museum but the former isn't open again until next week and the latter until open until late afternoon by which time we were both pooped. He was very good company and we both had fun. We treated our selves to chocs from Hotel Chocolat and maybe I chose the wrong thing but I much prefer Green & Black. Sam seemed very happy with his though and devoured it in reccord time. We had mom & sam movie night tonight and watched jurassic park 3. he was so cute, he insisted on bringing all his fluffy dinos down to watch and then covered their eyes during the scarier bits. He has asked to watch Walking with Beasts tomorrow so that his new smieadon can see his family. He also wants to make his own version of jurassic park ( or mesozoic park as we call it) tomorrow-sounds like we have a busy day ahead!!

Was absolutely stunned at how easy it was to file M's taxes on line last night. Was even more astounded when it came out that we are due a refund. Must have done something wrong! Only my taxes to do now-am just waiting for my on line pin number. Have worked out all my details on paper so hopefully it won't be that bad. I made next to nothing so there is really nothing to report.


Have booked our flights to CA-we are all very excited. It is ages and ages until we go but we can't wait. It will be lovely to see my family again as well as showing sam yosemite and monteray. there is do much to do, I don't know how we will fit it all in!! May even get to go to my 20 year high school reunion while we are there-can't believe that it has been that long. I certainly don't feel old enough to have graduated in '86.

3 comments:

sam said...

there is tons to do in cambridge and all the museums we have done so far have been child friendly. the sedgewick is small but has some interesting things. they are working hard to make it more dynamic.

it is lovely having so much one to one time with sam but there are times when I wish he had sibling.

sam said...

thank you for those nice words merry-sam thinks the world of the girls

HelenHaricot said...

which one do you recommend [oe 2] as best starter places. SB usually good in museums, and likes allsorts.
do you park and ride?