Thursday, February 09, 2006

Long time no blog..

life in our little house has been busy the last two weeks. The highlight was without a doubt seeing old friends. Not only were we able to meet up with my old school friend M and her family for a wonderful sunday lunch but my friend from college (university for my english friends) MK came to stay for a week.

MK and I hadn't seen each other in about 14 years but it was like no time at all had passed when she got here. It was so much fun catching up with her and showing her our part of the world. I just hope that she had as much fun as we did. Sam had as much fun with her as I did, especially as she kept him entertained with stories about her mischevious pets. She must have been shattered when she left, we kept her busy everyday. It was a sad sam and I who trooped in after dropping her at the airport on monday.

The rest of this week has passed in a blur-normals everyday for sam and I as well as getting to grips with our iditarod project. We have now done our map, chosen our musher and done a table to show all the checkpoints. Next we are going to learn about all the equipment and the sleds, not to mention the dogs! We have each chosen a musher (sam, Matthew and I) and have agreed that the one whose musher finishes first can choose a family evening/outing. Not sure what we will do if none of our mushers finish. Would love to go and see the race one day, will have to add it to the list of things to do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a truly wonderful visit.The accommodations were 5 star and my hostess was superb!Still hard to believe that it was 14 years! Guess it goes to show that time means nothing when you are dear old friends. Sam is delightful! My turn to reciprocate.....