Friday, December 23, 2005

You know you have spent too much money when..

one of the sales assistants in lush knows your son's name! We walked into tonight to pick up a few last minute things and sam was greeted by "hi sam" by the assistant (who is also called sam). She helped him select the things we needed and treated him like a vip. shame she didn't give us a discount though! Everyone was very jolly in town tonight and there weren't many people out shopping thankfullly. It was a different scene at tesco though-it was packed and the shelves were empty-especially in the xmas section. they are alreay moving things around, no doubt the valentine cards and easter candy will be out next week.

We have had a good tidy up downstairs and it is looking very festive. I just wish that I could catch some of the xmas spirit. It is not that I dislike xmas it just has sad memories for me. Even almost 20 years on I still find it hard to be festive. I really should be more jolly and make more of an effort for sam's sake, I want him to have only happy memories of this festive season. we do have our little family traditions that are starting to become established and I hope that we will be able to build on these as the years go on. I think he does believe in santa, at least I hope so. I know that I do. I started to wrap his santa pressies tonight and realised that I am going to have to sneak out for paper he hasn't seen tomorrow. It will totally spoil the magic if santa has wrapped his gifts in the same paper that we have used.

We are really looking forward to seeing The Chronicles of Narnia tomorrow afternoon. Sam is as excited about that as he is about xmas. We have started to read The Horse and His Boy as our bed time book. It is not one of the books that I remember very well so I am just as curious about what is going to happen as he is. I could read head but that would spoil the surprise.

In case I don't blog tomorrow night a very merry xmas and hannauka(sorry about the spelling) to everyone!!

2 comments:

Classroomfree said...

Just wanted to wish you all a very happy Christmas :-)
I hope 2006 is a healthy, happy, and successful year for you.

Love and blessings
Jules xx

Anonymous said...

We finally figured out that our father was "Santa" when his thank you letter for the cookies and milk had misspelled words in it! LOL! I know you're feeling blue. I had a moment myself today and thought of you. You're only human...I'm sure that you and M have put together a magical Christmas for Sam. Lots of love...