Saturday, December 17, 2005

Asleep at last..

The boys are finally asleep. I think that I heard the last few noises about half an hour ago. For two tired children they certainly managed to stay awake. At one point I snuck up and to see what all the noise was about and heard sam reading to peter from one of the bob books! Sam stopped the story half way through and said to P "I am a good reader you know!" It was all I could do to stop myself giggling. The sleep over seems to be going well so far. There have been a few squables but P hasn't asked to go home and Sam hasn't told him to leave which is always a good sign. If tonight is successful from sam's point of view this could open the flood gates for sleepovers. Today P and tomorrow all his other friends!!

M's aunt and grandmother came up today to take us out to lunch and exchange pressies. It was lovely to see them and Sam was remarkably okay with not being able to open the gifts they brought. This was aided I suspect by the fact that Nan arrived with a lego car for him that he was allowed to open today. I hope they like the fruits of our baking day. The chocolate bark turned out very well and was dead easy to make. I think that I will make a couple more batches for the girls for next week.

What is it with people suddenly doing their grocery shopping on line? I went to book my usual delivery slot yesterday and discovered that not only are there no slots for next week but there are none for the week after either!! I am outraged. As a loyal on line shopper I want my delivery slot. They should have given their regular shoppers first grabs at the holiday slots. Now I have to go to that maniac infested place to do battle with everyone else. I only want my usual shopping list, nothing fancy, nothing different. I will be glad when the holiday madness is over and life returns to normal.


A few more things for the 7 list-

7 things I can't do

1. Draw
2. Sing in tune
3. Keep my house organise for more than 5 minutes
4. Keep my house decluttered
5. Wear nail varnish for more than a day without it chipping
6. pass a book store without going in
7. stop procrastinating

7 movies I would watch over and over again

1. Pirates of the Caribbean
2. Paint your wagon
3. The Slipper and the Rose
4. Disney's Cinderella
5. High Society
6. Always
7. Raiders of the lost Ark

7 favorite books

1. Atlas Shrugged
2. A Traveller in Time
3. The Amazing Mr. Blunden
4. Girls Forever Brave and True
5. The Flambards Series
6. Calvin & Hobbes
7. The Fountainhead

Will finish the rest of the list tomorrow as my eyelids are beginning to droop. Need to be well rested for the onslaught tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

dottyspots said...

We love Calvin & Hobbes here too!