Thursday, December 22, 2005

Party time , excellent!!

sorry for the bill & ted reference, it just seemed an appropriate title for tonight's blog. Today was the xmas party with the boys, it was the first time we had all been together since half term. It was lovely to see everyone, especially A & C who live about an hour away now. All things considered everyone got on really well and a good time was had by all. It was so nice to see them all together again. As we left sam hugged everyone and said "I love you". That about sums it up for me as well. I am so grateful to have such wonderful friends. We may not see each other as often as we would like but when we are together everyone just clics. Thank you to the NCT and to jesca for bringing us all together. Can't imagne what the last 5 years would have been like without you all!!

We have unintentially slowed right down in the build up for xmas. Thought I would be able to manage everything but somehow haven't. Sam seems to be using this break to be reading everything in sight. It took us ages to go round sainsbury yesterday (apart from the crowds that is) because he wanted to read the labels of everything I was putting in the trolly! We have done lots of math though having to measure out all the ingredients for our holiday baking and then divide up all the goodies equallly between the boxes. Just one more batch of biscotti to make and then we are done for the holidays. I am glad, I don't think my waistline could take much more! Tomorrow we have to finish making the xmas crackers for the family and pick up a few bits and pieces in town and at tesco. The cat also has a check up at the vet so we will be out and about all day.

We are really looking forward to xmas eve-we are going to the lion, the witch and the wardrobe. going to the movies is fast becoming a family tradition, I just hope that we dont' also end up in casualty like we did last xmas! after the movies we have to rush to the crib service as sam has asked to carry one of the nativity sets into the church. I was amazed that the asked but pleased, it will the first time we have been to church since easter I think.

I have a couple more sections to finish up on my list of 7 things

7 things you year me say

1. sam be gentle
3. just a minute. let me check email
3. I will be there in just a sec.
4. yes, sweetheart
5. Sam!
6. love you
7. leave the cat alone please



7 things that attract me to my spouse

1. his confidence
2. his smile
3. the way he takes care of sam and i
4. his sense of humor
5. his intelligence
6. he puts up with me!!!
7. he walks to the beat of a different drummer

7 people that I want to do the quiz (If you havent got a blog you can use my comments box)
1. Mary
2 Cheryl
3. Justine
4. fiona
5. Matthew
6. Melanie
7. the girls

2 comments:

sam said...

how could I forget that one!? it is always on the tip of my tongue

HelenHaricot said...

As I may not get around again - Merry Christmas!