Wednesday, December 14, 2005

procrastination

Am supposed to be working on my fossils course but as I am in major procrastination mode have decided to blog and watch life in the undergrowth. M is on nights all weekend so will have lots of time to do my studying-that's the plan anyway. I am sure that I can find something else to distract me when the time comes. I am enjoying the course and have learned lots. Sam loves looking at my course book and is always nagging me to do my studying.

Tonight was the belt presentation at karate. The school held a presentation/demonstration night so in addition to being presented with his belt we also got to watch the older children stage a tournament. Sam was very intrigued by the tournament and decided that he would like to do one when he is older. I think he liked the fact that you get to hit and attack someone and you don't get in trouble for it! If there is anything he likes it is to rough house, especially at 6am!

We have had a good week, lots of fun and lots of learning. Our next science set came from sonlight and sam has spent ages looking through all the books. The magic school bus book really caught his imagination so I am off to ebay to see if I can get more at a reasonable price.

I am very psyched because my friend M, (zelda's mom) is hopefully going to come visit in Jan. It will be the first time we have seen each other in about 13 years. It will be great to catch up in person, sam is very disapointed that she can't bring zelda. I have explained about quarintine laws but he still doesn't think it is fair. I have promised that we go out to boston to visit zelda and that cheered him up.

Tomorrow is baking day-lots of mess, lots of washing up and hopefully lots of yummy things to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pro-cras-tin-ation. Pro-cras-tin- aaa-tion. Its making me late. Come on..sing it with me! Just like the heinze ketchup commercials. Oh yeah...that was anticipation...but its a much better theme song the other way! Bye M