Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Homeschooling Heaven...

or at least it felt that way this morning sitting out in the sunshine doing our work. We used the new picnic table to do our written work and the snuggled into the new camping chairs for reading. It was so nice to be about of doors-even if the wood pigeon on the roof had to express his opinion every five minutes!! We tried out the new Stepping Stones book that we got on Monday. It is all about developing thinking and reasoning skills and really enjoyed it. He got more of the answers than I did and I had the answer key. Actually there are no 'right' answers for most of the puzzles, just suggestions. The first book in the series is aimed at K-3 but even I had trouble getting some of the sequences. I guess that proves what I have always known, my mind does not work in any logical way!!

Had lovely afternoon with Merry and the girls. We planned out the next session of the local muddle puddle group. Merry is basing the session on Native Americans and have managed to come up with somethings that everyone should enjoy. Merry is going to suggest that the chldren come in costume. Since many of the tribes had a liberal attitude to nudity, especially amongst young children I know that sam's first choice for a costume would be nothing. Thankfully I don't think Peterborough is quiet ready for that yet. Sam and the girls got on well, I think it is so nice that he plays equally well with boys and girls and hope he never reaches that stage where it is no longer cool to play with the opposite sex. Josie was adorable and I got to have a lovely long cuddle. I am so thankful what we have made such good friends within the home ed group here in Peterborough and that the group even exists. I can imagine it must be very lonely homeschooling (especially with an only) if you don't have any friends who are following the same path. We are so looking forward to meeting everyone at camp and putting faces to blogs.

Had dinner outside and then sam spent ages watering all his crops. He was horrified to find a slug in his sunflowers and I was summoned to remove it. We also preformed rescue service for a frog that gizmo was chasing. He was a lovely brown fellow and we plopped him in the pond. Giz was very upset that we had ruined his fun. Finished the day by reading two chapters of Superfudge. I am not sure who laughs more, sam or I. I hope we manage to find some on tape or cd at the library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really laugh at those fudge books,I love how he talks about going to call his bird Uncle feather.
Do,do get the tapes!!!
Judy Blume reads them sooo well.