Wednesday, April 27, 2005

where does the time go....

I can't believe that I haven't blogged since friday, I am slipping in my old age. The weekend wizzed by as usual-matthew worked and sam and I ran errands and played. He did several episodes of headsprout (www.headsprout.com) which has really captured his imagination. We have study dog and education city both a try but he wasn't keen on either of them. Headsprout on the other hand captivates him and he even asked to play it! His word recognition has increased and when he is in the right mood he can even sound out words. I am not pushing him to read before he is ready, just trying to give him the building blocks to make reading fun.

We have started playing a sentence game which he enjoys. I write a sentence and he has to figure out what it says-his reward-an extra bedtime story. I think he got an extra 4 on top of his normal two the other night.

Monday we took down the loft bed, giving sam more room and more light in his room. we also started to sort out the loft ( in order to put the bed in!). As a result of all this decluttering the house looks even more cluttered because of all the boxes to sort out. It will all be worth it in the end though.

Merry and the girls came to play this afternoon and despite a few toddler moments sam was in 7th heaven. He really enjoys playing with them-he even made a picture of fran for her and laminated. (did I mention that we got a laminator this weekend and have gone laminator crazy)

Rest of the week is busy-library, karate, happy faces and muddlepuddle. It is tough being a toddler!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Headsprout was interesting! A little reading instruction goes a long way!