Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Welcome to the world baby James

My sil has just had her second son, a darling 6lb bundle called James. She had him about 6:30pm yesterday and is now home. All went well and his big brother is delighted with him. Can't wait to see my new nephew. Thank goodness the blanket is finished-or as finished as it is going to get.

Today was a day filled with Sonlight (wish I meant the warm outside kind). We spent most the day curled up on the sofa with a pile of our new read alouds. I supposed I really should have waited so that they were fresh when we start the cirriculum but temptation got the better of me. Plus I couldn't face reading another puzzle story. If you have any usborne puzzle books you will know what I mean. We did most of the animal stories and got the world map out so we could talk about where they were set. Sam had a hard time grasping the concept of scale on a map and was convinced that africa and south america were so close you could swim between the two of them. He enjoyed Balto so much that we made a hamma bead balto, complete with glow in the dark fur. It has pride of place on the fridge. We did a few pages of our go for the code book and called it a day.

The rest of the day was spent on operation reclaim sam's bedroom. Sam started off with this own room but over the past 4 years it has somehow turned into the office. We loved co-sleeping and now sharing a room with him but the time as come for us all to have our own space. He is very excited,especially about choosing his bed. The computer has come downstairs and now the decluttering will commence. That is the bit I hate-where to fit the things that we don't want to get rid of. I am going to be brutal about getting rid of things which makes a change for me. Making the living room into a playroom/HEroom will give us more storage space but I have to keep the things somewhere until then. wish I had a magic ray gun to shrink everything so that it was small enough to fit into a shoebox!

May go to the movies tomorrow if the weather is yucky. We haven't been since polar express and there are a few things that sam may like.

1 comment:

sam said...

I haven't got any duplicates and sadly sam would notice if I gave you his personal copies. I can order anything you want though. which ones does she have?