Monday, April 11, 2005

Mum when does the next movie start?

This from the little boy who was moaning about going in the first place! We went to see Valient this afternoon and sam thoroughly enjoyd it. I am sure that most of the jokes went over his head but he was mesmerised nonetheless. Don't suppose that I can count the film as a history lesson can I ? It was set in WWII. Actually it might be a good jumping off point to do something on animals in the war. Apparently there is a special medal awarded to animals-the Dicken I think. In the last war it was awarded to about 40 pigeons, 18 horses a few dogs and one cat! Must do some searching to see what we can find out.

Combined playdough, pattern blocks and cuisinre rods for the math lesson today. we talked about portions, things being 1/2, 1/4 the size of something else. Did some more go for the code. He was really enjoying writing the letter b and the letter f. We also did a bit of reading. Tomorrow I think I will get out the hama letter cards and play a few letter games. We are also going to start his scrapbook, having picked up 5 rolls of his developed film from tescos. I should be able to sneak in some letter practice by having him do the captions and titles.

His friend M is coming for tea tomorrow and I think both boys are excited. They have planned their menu-toad in the hole and strawberry ice cream. sam is very disapointed that M can't stay the night. I don't think it will be long before they start having sleep overs. I am not sure I am ready for toddler sleep overs! I think only one friend at a time, he is definately too young for slumber parties. Anyway, I didn't think boys had slumber parties. I guess I have a lot to learn. Not having had any brothers or male cousins living close by I sometimes feel at a loss to understand the male mentality-especially the younger ones. Mind you M and I have been together for 16 years and I still don't understand how he thinks so maybe there is no hope for me.

No comments: