Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Rain, Rain go away!!

Is this weather yucky or what. Not raining enough to make puddles for splashing in but drizzly enough to be miserable. I hope it clears up for the egg hunt at Thorpe Hall tomorrow, not least because I am manning a stall with my books and hope to sell a few.
We have had a nice few days. We dipped into more of our sonlight materials yesterday. We did some of the Singapore Math and the first story in the I can read it series. Sam seemed to enjoy the math more probably because we were using pattern blocks and playdough. As I am not matematically minded I find it a bit of a struggle not to be more biased in favor of reading. I have decided that we will start our sessions with math, rather than the other way around, which we have done up to this point. He asked for the pattern blocks again today after dinner so he must be enjoying them.

Went to story time at the central library today, unusually the librarian was very good. The few session we have been to in the past have been dire. We also had a good hunt around town looking for replacement eggs for our sea monkey set. The first set never hatched-due probably to operator error! We have tried everywhere and will now go off and try on line. we don't want the whole set, just the eggs.

We had lots of fun playing with the mudpuds this afternoon-thank you merry for having us over and hope you are feeling better soon. The day finished with a large helping of thomas on dvd while I raced to finish the baby blanket I am doing for my sil who is due any day. It is my first knitting project and I just hope she appreciates it for the love with which it was made rather than the way it looks! I didn't plan the colors of wool very well and it looks a bit garish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.netfysh.com - Sea monkeys, daphnia, triops! And they take paypal and Nochex. I love em.

sam said...

thank you sarah, off to check them out right now