Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A lovely weekend

This is my second attempt at blogging today-blogger at the first one! We had a nice easter weekend full of the usual things-egg dyeing, egg hunts, chocolate, church etc. Sam and I dye about a dozen eggs using our kit from the states and we then spent the rest of the weekend hunting them. A few surived to make egg sandwiches for M for lunch on sunday.

Saturday we visited a couple of our local english heritage properties-Kirby Hall and Rushton Triangular lodge. Sam enjoyed roaming around both, especially Kirby Hall as they had a egg hunt. Nothing like a cream egg to encourage of love of history and arcitecture in a toddler.

M had to work sunday so sam and I went to church and then to ride the trains at thorpe hall. He was so excited to see his favorite engines and their drivers. Everyone remembered him from last season and seemed pleased to see him. He decided that he was old enough to ride on his own so I spent most of the time watching him go round and doleing out money. Several of his friends turned up so he had a ball playing with them and chasing the trains. We had his friend P and his family over for hot cross buns after the trains and the boys had fun with all sam's new hot wheels.

Yesterday was fairly back to normal-tesco's and cleaning. M is on nights all week so he went off to work about 6 and won't be home until friday morning. We miss him when he is gone

I managed to fit in two runs this weekend. It felt good to take some time for me, even if though it made me realise how out of shape I am. I think I will sign up for race for life this year-I never managed to last year.

No comments: