Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Summer's officially over..

as if the copious amounts of rain were not enough to tell us all that summer is over the return of all sam's activities just confirms it. This week saw the start of home ed group, art and beavers. Tennis has started back too but sam has decided to rest this term and play with matt and I rather than have formal lessons. I wasn't too disappointed as they have reverted to their 9am on a sunday morning at the outdoor court slot and I am not sure that either of us would enjoy them if the weather keeps up like it has done. We have also gotten more serious about school work-especially math. I think the break has done us both good, I am more relaxed and sam is slightly more eager to work.

Sept is going to be a busy month for us-the boys are going to the big warhammer show at the nec (while I go shopping with the girls!), Matt and I are going to paris to see jimmy in concert and sam's friend dan is coming to stay and at the beginning of Oct sam and I are popping over to Dublin for the night (as you do) to visit Miriam and the boys. The tickets were only £20 return for both of us so we figured it was too good a bargain to miss Matt is going to stay home with the dogs and enjoy some much needed daddy time.


I have a new knitting project underway as my cousin and his wife are expecting their first baby. I am so thrilled to them and know that they will make fantastic parents. I had forgotten how absorbing knitting can be, I am sure that I am going to have rsi by the time I finish the blanket. I should be able to get a lot done on the way to paris as we are going by train rather than flying.

Miko's tv watching continues, tonight she was mesmerised by the Star Wars movie sam was watching-it was part 2 clone wars I think. She obviously prefers sci-fi to crime though as she slept and snored through csi miami.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for Miko, I don't like CSI Miami either, the original CSI is the best one. Have fun in Paris and Dublin.