Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Warhammer mad..

is how to describe our house at the moment. Sunday we all went along to Games Workshop for a beginner session in Warhammer 40K. We thought it was ging to be some sort of lesson but instead Sam and M got to play against the other lads who were there. Sam was the youngest but a good couple of years but that didn't stop him. He was in the thick of things and had a blast. I enjoyed watching them and sneaking a read of HP7 at the same time. Sam was very good at thinking out his moves and trying his best to achieve the objective. His side lost in the end but he had fun and that was the main thing. They had so much fun that they went back today for a workshop on how to make scenery for your board. I think it turned out well but will need to wait a few days to pick it up as it is drying. Sam and I are planning on going back on Sunday for another gaming session, M has painted a few more pieces for him and Sam is very eager to try them out on the other players.

This last week has flown by in a blurr of typing, teaching and mystery jobs. I finished all my transcribing work and am now editing it. It was hard work but I enjoyed it and hope that there is more work to come. Schoolwise we have started our project on Norway-did you know it was ruled by Sweden for several hundred years? I didn't until today. We are going to look at glaciers and how they are formed as we hope to be climbing on one soon. I am really looking forward to the trip and just hope that everyone speaks english because my norwegian is terrible! I have also been driving hither and yon doing mystery jobs. I have to visit 14 mini dealerships with a 100 mile radius. The jobs themselves don't take long (20 minutes at most) but getting to them does! I have done 6 so far and hope to do most of them before we go away. The pay is very good and all that time in the car is giving sam and I a chance to listen to all his horrible histories cds. Yesterday we did the vikings, WWI and WWII-not bad for a few hours. The pups have been very good in the car and seem to enjoy the ride.

The rest of this week will be a race to finish the jobs and start thinking about packing for our trip. The weather will be about the same as it is here so at least that makes it easier to know what to bring.

Today we met up with S and her girls at Belvoir Castle. The castle was beautiful with lots of interesting things to see but sadly I think sam was more interested in having an ice cream and playing in the playground! We did get to see Holbien's painting of Henry VIII which sam said was cool so at least he took in something. It was lovely seeing S and the girls, my goddaughter G has grown so much and was chatting away. Hopefully we will get to see them again before the girls start back to school.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is no wonder that you haven't been on your blog, you HAVE been terribly busy. You guys will certainly deserve that vacation to Norway.

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Was thinking of Sam last night--did he see Top Gear's North Pole show? Hammond helped lead a dog team to the Pole--looked like so much work.

sam said...

Sounds like a great show-will have to ask my fil to record it when it comes back in reruns. Did they get there?

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Clarkson & May go in a truck and Hammond does the sled--They all get there, though they don't show Hammond getting to the Pole itself. It's on again Sunday--not sure which BBC station.

dottyspots said...

My boys love Warhammer (as does dh who has painted the models for years).

I'm half-Norwegian (on my mother's side, she runs a B&B from the farm she lives on) - if I can be of any help, just ask :0)

sam said...

We are just back from norway and had a fantastic time! Where is your mom's b&b-we are planning a trip next year and it would be nice to include it.