Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tired fingers..

so please excuse tying mistakes!! I have just started doing a bit of transcribing work and my little fingers are numb. I have done it this evening for almost 2 hours and I am pooped! I still have 2 and a half audio tapes to get through ( about 100 minutes) by the end of the weekend. I know that I can do it, I am just not sure if I will have any fingers left! It pays really well and I can fit it in around everything else we do, so provided that she thinks I am up to standard I think I will continue to do it whenever she has work for me. It helps to keep the gray cells functioning and brings in a little money as well.

The most exciting news of the past week (and indeed probably the whole year) is that M has been offered a consultant post here in leicester. It is a locum post initally with a view to it being made permanent as soon as everything clicks into place. I am so proud and happy for him. He has worked so hard and is such a good doctor. All being well he will start the first week in sept. It gave sam and I great pleasure and happiness to be able to give him his consultant present-a very nice watch that he has wanted for a very long time and for which sam and I have been working and saving for quite a while.

Between anniversaries, M passing his exam and getting a consultant job rather a lot of champagne has been consumed over the last week-hope we get more good news next week, I could get used to this!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear good news :)

Anonymous said...

Congratlations Matthew, that is some really good news!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Wow--what a great month for Matthew! Many congratulations! Hope the fingers get used to the work soon!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Matthew!! Congratulations!! I know you and Tammy are thrilled with the job!!

HelenHaricot said...

fantastic news. well done Matthew!
on another note, do you think you 2 are going to make castle day??

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Excellent news - well done. Elle