Sunday, July 08, 2007

I think..

that I should be nominated for the bad blogger of the year award. Can't believe that I have let it go so long again. I have blogged tons this week, honest, but you won't be able to read it as it was all in my head. Haven't managed to put fingers to key board for a variety of reasons (thank you doctor who!) and am very behind on blogging and emails.

The highlights of the week-let's see-home ed group, 4th of july, playdate with V & I and C & D, Doctor Who and diy round the house. I guess looking back it was a pretty busy week, we were out everyday either seeing friends or doing mystery jobs. We had a quiet 4th but did manage to speak to my dad and auntie C which was nice. We went over to V & I's with the intention of doing french as it has now finished for the summer but the three boys were having such fun playing that we couldn't tear them away. We marked it down as socialization and vowed to try again this week.

Have finally gotten all the holiday details sorted out and are looking forward to the trip. Sam and I will be starting our Norway project this week in preparation. I want to do a little bit about the history, geography and mythology. We have learned a few words but I doubt that frosk (frog) is going to get us very far. Just looked at the weather in Norway and it is even worse than here, hopefully it will improve in the next few weeks. It would be nice to have a little sun this summer.

The boys have now started with their Warhammer adventure. We played it last night as our monthly family games night. I use the term we loosely as sam did not need my help at all and I ended up doing emergency gingie surgery while lounging on the sofa. They are playing again now as I type this, sam seems very taken with the game. I think the boys are going to go to games workshop to one of their workshop afternoons to improve their playing skills.

Doctor Who also featured heavily in our week-having received the season finale in the post from grandad ( thank you!). We also had a doctor who dvd from the library and bought one that we were missing. All in all most evenings were devoted to Doctor. The season finale was really good but can't believe that martha is choosing medical school over travelling with the doctor-Rose would never have done that-bring back Rose!! For those who don't know about the doctor here is his webiste:www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho.


Not sure what the next week holds beyond more school a playdate with VI and CD. We are also hoping to go out for our anniversary-14 years on tuesday though we have been together for 19.

After a glorious weekend we now have a tremendous thunder storm, lets hope that we don't have any more of those this week. We are so soggy that the dogs now have gills.

2 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

sounds busy. hopefully we might see you on 28th?

Anonymous said...

There are no bad bloggers just busy people.