Thursday, August 02, 2007

Weekly blog..

seems like this is turning into a weekly, not daily blog. I have bloged tons, but none of it made it to the computer! The last week has seen us busy with mystery jobs, friends, packing, typing and warhammer! I have almost finished all the MINI jobs, only 3 left with which any luck I will get done in the next couple of days. With all the driving I have done in the past few weeks I think that for one I have earned my fee.

C &D came to play last friday. The boys legoed and played while C taught me the basics of quilting. I am making a small sachet which I shall take on holiday to finish off in the car while we are driving. If it turns out well I shall slowly progress and perhaps even make a blanket. That is probably a long way off though as my sewing skills are about on par with my knitting skills.

We also seem to have spent a good deal of time at Games Workshop this week. Sam and M went on wednesday to learn to paint scenery. Sam did a small wall that turned our really well. We went back on saturday for him to finish it off and then back on sunday for him to play! He is starting to get to grips with all the rules, much better than I am in fact. I have huge admiration for the guys who work in the shop, not only are they genuinely friendly but their knowledge is phenominal. The guy who was leading our game knew all the stats for all the characters without having to look them up and it isn't even his favorite version of warhammer. Most of the employees seem to have grown up playing the game and are now fulfilling a lifelong dream by working in the shop. I wouldn't mind sam having a summer job there, not sure about a life long career though! The game is very male orientated, have yet to see a girl play or even a woman working in the shop. Maybe they could do a barbie version with objectives like buying a whole outfit for $100, instead of capturing the enemies tank!

Monday saw us at Belton to meet up with half of the boys. It was so wonderful to see the gang, it felt like old times. The boys had a ball and spent most of the time on the ground wrestling, this give us moms a chance to catch up. The pups were very well behaved, except for Rogue who thought that he was included in the bowls game. They were very gentle with the children and even let C and A walk them without running off too much. A declared that he was Rogue's best friend, I had to tell him that sadly Rogue's tummy was his best friend but that A could be his second best friend. I have never met a dog as obessed with eating as Rogue is.

On the work front I finished all the transcribing and am now on to editing. I fit it in here and there but really need to get into some routinee so that it doesn't infringe on my time with Sam and matthew. The work is on going and it is nice to earn money without having to drive all around the country!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

walked past Games workshop and thought of you this aft :) Suspect it's the sort of thing that will be right up Small's street in a couple of years, remind me of how old Sam is?

sam said...

He is 6 but going on 16 sometimes! M does all the painting, though sam is starting to now. He really enjoys playing looks forward to the weekly sessions at games workshop.