Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Dino Delights

Had a lovely day (until rain stopped play) at the Dino park in Norwich with my friend M and her family. The park had something for everyone from a dino trail to a petting zoo to adventure playgrounds. Sam was delighed to be with H & F, M's two oldest and I was thrilled to be able to give my god daughter D a cuddle. Sam loved spotting the dinos on the trail and I have to say that for plaster dinos they were very well done. He would have also spent all afternoon in the adventure playground had the heavens not opened. It was great to catch up with M and her husband, it is such a shame that we don't livve closer. I enjoy M's company as much as I did when I was 11 and it incredible to think that we have known each other for about 27 years. God that makes me sound old!! I am so please that our children get along. Sam really looks up to H who is an expert in all things lego and star wars in his opinion. Before heading out to the park we did a short session on fossils and the geologic periods. Sam was amazed to discover how short a time humans have been around. Must do a geologic time line for our playroom in the next house. We can put a picture of a species or two from each period. Having had such a dinoriffic day we had to of course watch the rest of jurassic park tonight( we started it last night0 and all of jurassic park III. All the fluffy dinos had to watch with us but he made the babies cover their eyes at the scary parts!!

He is now asleep in my bed with all his fluffy dinos around him. Not sure there is any room for me, think I may have to sleep in his bed tonight!

Did a bit of painting once sam was in bed and am now avoiding finishing my book for book group. It is tomorrow night and at my house so I really ought to have finished the book. It is a bit of a strange one-it is The accidental by Ali Smith. Not sure if I am enjoying it or not. It is not an easy read and I still have 3/4 to go so not sure if I will finish in time. We have had a run of odd books so hope the next one is better.

A busy day tomorrow with a bday party. followed by a playdate, followed by Ikea and then book group. We are off to Ikea to get the flooring for the ground floor of the new house. M and his dad are going to be laying it a week on mondy. Can't believe that the movers will be here two weeks from tomorrow! Still so much decluttering to do. Had a start on the junk drawer but gave up after half an hour. Next house.. no junk drawer!

No comments: