Sunday, July 31, 2005

It went by in a blur,

our weekend that is. It feels like I spent the whole weekend on the bike or at the climbing wall. We had a blast, I think we even managed to tire out sam, he slept until 7:30 this morning!! I don't know which he enjoyed more, the climbing wall or riding on his tag-along bike. It felt good to be out doing something energetic as a family. We hadn't been climbing since I was pregnant with sam, which is 5 years ago now. He really took to wall climbing and is excited about going again next week. I let the boys do most of the climbing, with me doing all of the belaying. I did do a bit of climbing, I was very rusty and my hands were aching by the end of it. We rode to the climbing wall so not only were my hand aching by the time we got home but so were my legs. They got another good stretch today as we cycled around graffham water. Sam coped really well and was disapointed when the ride came to the end. I guess we have crossed PE off for the week then!!

We also managed to fit in a trip to the cinema. We saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it was really good. The casting was spot on, especially Johnny Depp!! Sam was mesmerised, to the point that he didn't realise he had to go to the loo until it was almost too late. My only complaint about the film was that they added in a story line about willy wonka's father-not sure why, it didn't add anything to the film.

Sam had his belt testing on saturday. I think it went okay, I can't imagine that they would fail 4 year olds. We won't find out if he moves on to his blue & white belt for almost 3 weeks as the karate school has its annual 2 week break.

M has now plastered in all the holes in the kitchen so that we can clean down the walls and paper and paint them. We still have loads to sort out but it should look good when we are done.

Not sure what this week holds. In theory we are supposed to go to sacrewell camping with the boys and their moms on thursday-that is of course if the weather cooperates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really active weekend. I agree with you about adding storyline about Willy's father...but I was disappointed in the remake...still feel the original was still the best. The remake seemed much thinner to me. Maybe I just don't like change.