Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What a silly idea...

Had the shopping delivered yesterday ( I know it is lazy of me but as much as I love shopping I hate food shopping, especially bagging groceries) and for the first time I tried the without a bag option. This is tesco's way of being greeener. It means that instead of packing your shopping, they deliver it all in green boxes which you have to unpack item by item at your front door. When I opted for the bagless delivery I thought that they would leave the green boxes and pick them up next time they made a delivery. But oh no, I had to stand there at the front door and unpack each individual item into the hallway, thank goodness the dogs were secured behind the babygate! It took twice as long as usual to bring the shopping in and was a million times more hassle. I am all for being greener and using less bags but this really isn't the way. Leaving the boxes and collecting them next delivery would be much better, I would even be willing to pay a deposit for the boxes provided that it was refunded at some point.

Grumpy old woman rant over and on with a round of up of what we have been up to since last I blogged. The weekend was quiet as M was on nights. Sam and I pottered during the day, cleaning and taking the doggies out. This weekend has been busy so far. Yesterday was our HE group and we had 3 new families which was great. I don't feel that I really got a chance to chat to the moms though as I was so busy with the experiments. Everyone seemed to have fun and the children readily accepted the new arrivals as if they had always been with us. There were 3 more boys to swell the ranks, the girls are really out numbered at group. Everything is starting to come together and I just hope that everyone is enjoying the group as much as we are.

Today we were up and out early even for us. We had to get M to the train station for 6:30 has he had an exam in London. Spent the rest of the day doing normals and trying to stay awake! Sam was so shattered by bed time that he went without a fuss and didn't even want a shower!

Our second sonlight box arrived and it was like christmas come early. The books are so tasty that sam and I wanted to dive right in. It took all my will power to not give in, if we read them all now we won't have anything for the next school year. The selection of books is fantastic, many of them are ones that I remember fondly from my childhood-a cricket in times square and the littles especially. I can't wait until we get to read them, I am sure that sam will find them as captivating as I did.

3 comments:

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

I'm a little lazy too when it comes to food shopping and have had a T..co delivery for quite some time now. Was going to try the "green" method, but certainly won't now!

Hope M's exam went without hitches.

Elle

sam said...

It is a good idea in theory, they just didn't think it all the way through. If they let customers keep the green boxes I would do it again.

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Hi Tammy--you seem to always rave about Sonlight. What types of books do they use--are they mostly fictional? Elizabeth