Sunday, May 20, 2007

green fingered..

or should that be brown??? We have spent most of the weekend in the garden trying to whip it back into shape! The boys did most of the hard work like digging and planting while I was in charge of filling up the new composter, mowing and taking charge of the dogs. M and sam worked very hard and the garden is looking great. They planted the veggies and fruit that they have grown from seed (zuchinni and pumpkins) and dug a new bed in the front yard. We should have a nice crop of fruit and veg later in the year-blueberries, apples. plums, toms,raspberries,blackcurrents, pumpkins and zuchinni. The dogs were very keen to help, especially Miko who loves to dig holes. Rogue was far more interested in the compost/manure we were putting on the beds.

Friday I had several proud mommy moments, so please excuse me if I brag. The first was when I realised that while I was in the shower sam was reading tintin to rogue. He was doing really well and was explaining everything to rogue as he went along. The second was when the mail arrived and we received rogue's certificate and ribbon for passing his puppy class. He did really well at class but his teacher didn't seem to like him so I was surprised that he passed. We showed him his ribbon and he immediately tried to eat it-that's my boy!! later in the day we were doing french, reading sam's new french barbapapa books when he announced that he wanted to read in french to me. He tried very hard to sound out all the words and did a great job. I helped him out a tad but he was very keen and did really well, especially considering that he has never tried to read french before. He really enjoys the barbapapa books and has already earmarked the ones we need to get next!

2 comments:

HelenHaricot said...

wow, sounds great,

Anonymous said...

Be a proud Mommy...go ahead...brag all you want!