Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Another early morning blog..

and this time I will try not to make so many mistakes!! An uneventful few days, monday M arrived home from his camping trip very soggy but having had a good time. His tent will probably take days to try in the garage. Just mooched really, managed to take the dogs out between showers which helped to calm them down a little. Don't know who was bouncing off the walls more during all the rain, sam or the dogs!

Despite the fact that it is half term we are doing school work, mean mom that I am. I figure that he gets lots of time off as a matter of course and we don't need to set aside a whole week to do nothing. Having said that we are taking it easy and spent most of the morning reading to each other. I think his reading is very good and he is starting to slow down a bit so that he doesn't miss words out as much or add extra ones in as often. We have started the next stage of his math text, 2b which is I think second grade level. To give him a bit a of a break we are starting at the back with graphs and will go back to adding, times tables etc when we have finished that.

Sadly M could not get the time off so we won't be going to paris. Just have to hope that he comes back this way again soon.

Not a lot planned for the rest of the week, though we may be going out the V & I tomorrow to see some of the hidden gems around leicester. All depends on the weather as I don't fancy sightseeing in the rain, wimp that I am.

No comments: