Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Catch up again...

my level of blogging is dismal these days, sorry. The evenings have been filled with frantic knitting in an effort to finish my current project before the recipient is born. She is due on June 16th so please keep fingers crossed for a safe delivery.I am almost there, having sewed it all together it didn't seem quite big enough so am franticly doing more squares for another row. Have got the backing and the stuffing so it is all ready to assemble. It has been fun doing the blanket but am looking forward to the next project which is a scarf for auntie c.

Not much of note has happend over the last week, lots of little things all designed to either annoy or delight. The microwave and iron both died and the dog sat on the laptop and bent the screen. The first two items have been replaced but the laptop is still working-for now. On the delight front, sam has finally learned to ride his bike without training wheels-yipee!!!! He has gotten the hang of it fairly quickly, helped I am sure by encouraging words from S next door. Despite my kind words of encouragement sam was still very unsure until S said a few nice things, after that he was king of the bike. Guess my little boy is growing up when he listens to his friends over me! He and S have been playing a lot lately, mainly complicated games involving hot wheels cars and setting up show rooms, race tracks and garages. They get so absorbed in what they are doing, it is so cute to watch. Their chatter drives me insane though, now I know why my mom would never stay in the room when I played barbie with my friends!!! The other delight is that my cousin and his wife are visiting from CA and tomorrow they are coming up to see us. It is his first trip to england and from what he has said he seems to be enjoying it. Our plan tomorrow (weather permitting of course) is to show them how lovely the countryside is with a country pub and a stately home or two thrown in for good measure. They are keen to get out and walk around so hopefully it won't be pouring with rain. I seriously doubt that they brought their wellies!! Not to mention that Rogue seems to have decided that he doesn't do walks in the rain. He will jump into a pond no problem but walking in the rain does not seem to be on his agenda.


Schoolwise we are cracking on with first grade and have just ordered the second grade curriculum from sonlight. Apparently the us post office is doing away with m-bag surface mail soon so to get free postage using this service we had to order now. The books all look so good, sam and I can't wait for the m-bag to arrive. We have also ordered the next part of story of the world so will be starting on the byzantine empire, vikings and anglo saxons soon. Will try to time the viking bit so it coincides with our norway trip. Can't wait until we get to the saxon bit, will have to dust off my old text books. If he is really bored I could even subject him to my gradute thesis.

Rogue's last puppy class is this week and we just hope he graduates! he has been very good in class but the teacher seems a bit biased against akitas so she may not pass him. he has done everything asked and hasn't attacked any classmates so hopefully she will be kind.

No comments: