Monday, December 04, 2006

Space..the final frontier

As you can see from the pics below the boys made it to the space center last friday. Sam, M and my fil set off with great excitment mid afternoon to go to the astronaut Q & A. Sam went armed with his special columbia t-shirt (thank you grandpa) and permanent markers so that the they could autograph it. By all accounts they enjoyed the talk and sam was excited to see real live space travellers. Unfortunately, there was no autograph & photo session at the end which is a real shame. Sam was very disapointed as were all the other children and grown ups I should imagine. How often do you get the chance to shake hands with a real astronaut and get their autograph. I think it was very short site of the organisers, especailly as the astronauts were there well into the evening to attend a corporate function. I think they managed to console sam by a trip to the gift shop ( thank you grandad) where he got a cool poster and some tops trump cards on space. he and grandad had a couple of games while I got the dinner ready. Not sure who won but I think it was grandad. Playing trump cards has really helped sam's reading and number recognition. They are really educational but I wouldn't dream of saying that in front of him as that would make him stop playing. I think santa may stick a few more sets in his stocking.

While the boys were in space my mil and I went shopping. We had a nice time chatting and browsing and managed to find a few things to buy. It was a nice treat to be able to browse in the clothes section without a bored little boy in tow. All in all it was a nice day.

the weekend flew by, M worked saturday so sam and I pottered and took miko out for a long walk. We walked across fields that had been flooded earlier in the week and boy did we come home muddy. Miko's paws are still black from the mud. Sunday sam's friend P and his family came over for sunday lunch. It was lovely to see them and while the children played F and I had the opportunity to chat. Miko enjoyed playing with the boys and has discovered that she likes roast chicken.

A quieter day today, lots of normals, followed by a walk and making xmas decs out of fimo. We did candy canes and an xmas tree and they turned out rather well if I do say so myself. Now all we need is a tree to hang them on. The week ahead looks pretty average, lots of normals, several mystery jobs and swimming and french. Must also finish the xmas shopping-the children are all sorted out but haven't even started on the grown ups yet. I plan to do as much as possible on line to avoid the crowds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a shame the astronauts could not take the time to at least take care of the children's request's. Glad things are going smoothly for you guys. Take care. Nice pictures of Sam, he is really grownig.