Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Frustrated

It is maddening waiting for things to happen, I hate it when things are out of my control. We still havent' had the formal offer letter for our mortgage, the Halifax are being picky about the fact that I am american and therefore not on the electoral role. I don't know whether they consider me a high risk as I might skip the country but if I haven't gone in the past 13 years it is unlikely that I am going to go now. Even if I did I am not the one earning the money to pay the mortgage so what does it matter. ARRGH!!! Our solicitor needs the offer by monday at the latest if we are to exchange on the 27. Have been told by the mortgage broker that it should be issued tomorrow and I am going to phone them every couple of hours until it is!! That should annoy them so much that they will beg the halifax to approve us. I feel discriminated against-why should i be picked out for special attention just because I am not english, I have been here for 13 years for goodness sake!! Rant over. Just hope everything goes smoothly though I don't it will somehow.

HE wise things have settled back down and we have been getting on with life. Our next major project is the tudors as we are supposed to be doing two sessions for our EO group next month. Sam is keen to build castles-junk modeling looms again. Junk modeling is very much the order of the day here and we have had some fantastic creations. They were all space related yesterday and today they were all monsters from scooby doo. He is all boy my son!

Met up with a very nice family in leicester today. They invited us over to help us get to know the HE scene in leicester. They have two boys 7 & 4 and they all got on like a house on fire. When we left there were three tired, muddy children so I think a good time was had by all. Hopefully we didn't overstay our welcome and will be asked back again. It is nice that people are being so welcoming it will help to make the transition easier.

3 comments:

sam said...

can't think why anyone invented the 28 day exchange system, it only creates anxiety and stress. when do you have to exchange by?

Either he is melowing a little or I am just coping with it better.

are you up for swimming on friday or sacrewell if the weather holds?

sam said...

can't think why anyone invented the 28 day exchange system, it only creates anxiety and stress. when do you have to exchange by?

Either he is mellowing a little or I am just coping with it better.

are you up for swimming on friday or sacrewell if the weather holds?

Elderfaery said...

Good luck with the mortgage. It does sound stressful...but hopefully lady luck will intervene and you will get what you want:)