Monday, February 20, 2006

shameless self promotion

Happy Birthday to me!!!!! I am now 38, which seems awfully close to 40. Funny, I don't feel that old and I certainly don't think that I am as grown up and responsible as my mother was at my age. Sometimes I marvel that on the outside I seem like a reasonably mature grown up capable of making mature grown up decisions when on the inside I feel like I am still an uncertain, insecure teenager. Wonder if my inward maturity will every catch up with my outward maturity, and if it does is that a good thing or a bad thing.

The 80s seems like yesterday and seems much more relevant to me than the culture of the 90s, it must be true then that your teenage years are your most formative. Seeing all this 80s revival fashion around at the moment just makes me giggle-most of the girls wearing it weren't even born then!!

I guess I must be getting old though because what I really wanted for my bday was a eggloo and a couple of hens. It just isn't possible at this house-plus the cats would think of them as a catch your own supper opportunity.

Not sure what today holds-nothing special planned, just being able to spend the day with M and sam will be nice. though as M has been on nights all weekend I suspect he will sleep most of the day. Given the fact that it is now after midnight and I don't feel tired yet I may end up sleeping half the day! If only a certain young man will up up at 6 bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to start the day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!!

Debs Barnett said...

hehe, i was 38 last november - don't remind me!

happy birthday : )

Deb said...

Heehee - I could be writing this post one week from today, when I'll be 38 myself! Also want hens, also have cats which would view them as yours would, also having difficulty accepting that the 80s were quite such a long time ago... LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. I'm turning 37 in a couple of weeks and can relate to the inner insecure teenager thing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday... do we ever feel as old as we are? One of lifes cruel tricks,lol.