Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Where does the time go?

I can't believe that it has been almost a week since a I blogged. We have been busy but not overly busy. I guess I have spent my evenings doing my course or exciting things like the ironing.

The highlight of the last few days was the bonfire party on saturday night. F & her husband have a party every year and this year they were kind enough to invite us. Her husband went fire work mad-the displaly was amazing. sam was awestruck. there were about 7 children there and he was the youngest by a good couple of years. He fit right in though and was running around playing sardines and giggling his head off. finally about 11pm he announced he was ready to leave. Up to that point he refused to leave-amazingly even at that late hour we were the first to go. I wish I could say that he slept in the next morning but he was up, bright eyed and bushy tailed by 6.

this week we are having has a science flavor to it as we are going to spend wednesday doing lots of experiments. He is very excited needless to say and will expect to start them as soon as he gets up. Call me a killjoy but doing science experiments at 6am in my jammies and before my morning does of caffine is not my idea of fun. we are also going to start wrapping the mummy, weather permitting. we work on the mummy outside as I refuse to have it in the house. it doesn't smell that bad but there is a distinct odor.

we are also going to be car shopping as the jeep is not very well. our very trust mechanic advised that it was time to put it out to pasture as lots of things are going into failure mode. we are all going to miss the jeep, it has been a good car and taken us on lots of fun adventures. must stop naming cars, then perhaps I won't get so maudlin when the time comes to get rid of them.

No comments: