Friday, October 10, 2008

Some good news amid the gloom..

In an effort to bring a little light to this dim and dark time I thought that I would impart a little good news. It is not anything major but just something to bring a smile rather than a frown . The first piece of good news is that after lots of false starts sam has finally mastered telling time!! We have done telling time on and off for a couple of years but in the last month it all just clicked. He now wears his watch everywhere (thank you auntie lynn!)and takes great delight at annoucing the time at various intervals.

The other piece of good news is that he can also now confidently tie his shoes! We taught him how to time them last year but it never really stuck but now he has it down pat. He got to show off his skills at the airport last week when they made him take off his shoes at security. I am all for being on the look out for potential threats but really-other than making toxic smells do most 7 year old boys pose a threat to national security... I think not.

We have been pottering along with school work and are now into the fraction zone. He seems to be enjoying fractions but all that could change next week when we cover adding adding and subtracting them. It is a good refresher course for me because fractions aren't something that I used on a daily basis, at least not in their written form.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sam, telling time and tying shoes all in the same week, good job, guess I can throw my watch away, huh??