Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why is it..

that when you are spring cleaning the house always looks worse half way through and you wish that you hadn't started the job. M was working this weekend so decided to start a spring clean, including carpets. Borrowed a Vax from my neighbor and sam and I set to work. I think the toughest bit was clearing his bedroom floor-everything is now piled up on his bed in a mountain so high that there is snow at the summit. I am so not looking forward to putting everything back. Spring cleaning his room will take about a month! In the spirit of the clean I did my drawers and wait for it...my car!! I am ashamed to say to say that I can't remember the last time I washed my car let alone vaccumed it. Sam was in charge of cleaning the trim and he did such a good job that I treated him to lunch at McDonalds. He has been a big help this weekend and really enjoyed using the carpet cleaner. Have decided that we will invest in one, just not sure which one. The Bissell seems to get good reviews-has anyone out there got one? If so would you recommend it?

Last night's Doctor Who was a big hit here for two reasons. One, the monster looked a bit like a bionicle, inspiring sam to go off and recreate it and two-whoever wrote the episode clearly had the same latin books I had as all the characters' names were identical! Fancy Caecilious ( I know that isn't the correct spelling but you get the gist) and his family meeting up with the doctor-that certainly didn't happen in my text book! I wonder how many other people of my age sat there last night and shouted "hey, I know that guy-he was in my latin book"?

My sonlight order should be here on monday and I am looking forward to seeing all of the books we will be reading come septemberish. The selection this year is fantastic and we are both enjoying the readers and read alouds. Several of them have been books that I enjoyed as a child and it is nice to see sam enjoying them too. The Littles, in particular was a big hit, I even ordered a few more books in the series as he wanted to know more. If only he was as keen on math! We have been doing mental math everyday and he is getting better and he is remembering more and more sums without having to count. We need to revisit telling time though as he seems to have forgotten! I am sure that if I could somehow relate it to warhammer he would have no trouble remembering.

1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

the third grade detectives from sonlight were such a hit here i had to search for some more on amazon!
spring cleaning - hmm, we have done 2 rooms only.
did you get my email?