Monday, September 03, 2007

New month, new beginnings

Happy September everyone. I have always loved this time of year, the crisp smell of the morning air, the bright autumn sunshine and the start of the academic year-packed with excitment not to mention new books, new clothes, new school supplies and new friends. Both of the men of the house have had an exciting start to the month. M started his new consultant post today and I am so proud of him and pleased for him. He has worked long and hard to get to this point and deserves his success.

The little man in my life also started something new today-Beavers. He has been so excited all day, especially after the arrival of a parcel from his friend P containing his old uniform. Sam was over the moon as he thinks the world of P and anything worn by P is automatically cool. I stayed with Sam for the whole hour, at his request but to be honest he didn't need me. The theme tonight was games and he had a blast. The boys are split into lodges and he quickly made friends with all the boys in his lodge. He is currently in red lodge, though this may change in a few weeks when some of the boys move up into cubs. he was full of beans when he came out and couldn't wait to tell M all about it when we got home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation to Matthew on his new consultant post, way to go Matthew. We must not forget Sam on his becoming a Beaver, way to go Sam. I know you will enjoy being a beaver, just have some fun.

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

Oh--I love the autumn as well--makes me miss home(NJ)quite a bit though! I just heard today that H & K's Badger uniforms were ordered--I can't wait to see what they make of them.

Anonymous said...

Good for the boys! I know what you mean about autumn...forget that it hit 90 here today...I can already smell the fallen leaves.

sam said...

I love the smell of fallen leaves, especially after it has rained. I am looking forward to fall with the dogs, I am sure rogue is going to love jumping in all the piles of leaves.

Classroomfree said...

I love this time of year too (although I love it more so when we have had a blazing hot summer and it is a welcome relief to feel the coolness....)