Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I now know what little boys remind me of..

puppie! It came to me the other day as I watched sam and his pals rough housing. They were a bundle of arms and legs rolling everywhere, not unlike a litter of puppies. They seem to connect by rough housing and seem incapable of playing for very long before it lapses into rough and tumble-just like puppies! Hopefully unlike dogs he will grow out of it as he gets older. I don't think that I can cope with a bunch of 15 year old rough housing in my living room. I am sure that I don't remember being like this when I was a little girl! D is coming to stay on friday night and Sam assures me that they are going to spend their time playing lego and rough housing!

Last weekend was certainly one to remember-sam went on his first sleep over. His friend A invited him to come for the weekend so that they could watch the jousting at lincoln castle. Sam lept at the invitation and spent all week in a state of great excitment. He was litterally counting down the days. When saturday finally arrived, the first words out of his mouth at 6am were "Is it time to go to A's yet?" I was worried that he would be aprehensive or nervous but not a bit. I gave him my mobile and told him that he could call at any time. I expected lots of calls-in fact, he only called once! I had to call him to get a good night kiss down the phone. I think he had a good time and A's parents seem to emerged from the experience okay and are still speaking to us! I only wish that we could return the visit and have A to stay but sadly he is allergic to dogs so can't. M and I have a lovely time-we went into the city centre and a leisurely lunch followed by a spot of window shopping. We then chilled for the rest of the evening and had a lazy sunday morning complete with a trip to starbucks. It gave us a chance to recharge our batteries and remember that we are a couple and not just parents. So a huge thank you to M and R for having sam-we owe you big time!

This week has been quiet so far-lots of school work and lots of dog walking. Beavers was monday and the theme was chocolate-sam came home covered in it and explained that they had spent the session dipping various foods into melted chocolate. It will come as no surprise that he was higher than a kite and didn't drop off to sleep until after 9! He should be invested in a couple of weeks-will post pics of him in is uniform. He looks very cute in it-thank you P for passing it on.

No comments: