Friday, February 02, 2007

Spoiled Rotten..

is how sam, miko and I felt on wednesday. While M was away we spent the day at my in laws. Sam and Miko had great fun playing with nana and grandad and cousins J & B as did I. I also had the added treat of a massage and facial. It was absolute heaven. It was so relaxing that i fell asleep on the table. A huge thank you to T&L who gave me the gift voucher and who babysat so I could enjoy it. Miko behaved herself and was in 7th heaven with all the attention. She played in the garden for ages and didn't even attempt to fish in the koi pond. It was lovely to catch up with everyone and to play with my nephews. They both enjoyed taking miko for a walk and miko was very well behaved for them. After such a jolly day we rushed over to coventry to pick up M. He arrived in safely but was knackered. We were all so shattered the following day that without exception we (including the dog) were all tucked up in bed by 9:30!

Yesterday and today were easy days as far as school was concerned. We spent most of yesterday talking about the romans and starting our roman binder. Rather than doing a lapbook we thought we would create a binder and include all his drawings from the SOTW activity book as well as interesting facts and photos of the things we make. We did a chart of roman numerals and he had great fun translating everyone's ages into roman numerals.

Today we did junk modelling at V & I's and sam has not put down the droid he made. It has had to go everywhere with him, including bed! He informed me that he wants to create a whole droid army-me thinks that child has seen star wars one too many times.

I apologise in advance if blogging gets a bit sporadic over the next few weeks. I have started a new knitting project which has been absorbing my time. I get into a rythmn and just can't stop, I think it is addictive. Oh well, at least it stops me snacking. It is very hard to snack and knit at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good visit with Terry and Lillian and that you enjoyed the Spa. We are looking forward to seeing them in March. Take care and keep up the good work.