Wednesday, November 04, 2009

For Sale-One Gently Used House..

As the market is finally picking up we decided to bite the bullet and put the house up for sale so that we can move to Lincoln. It has been on sale for 24 hours now and I have spent the whole day wondering why after only one day on the market the agent hasn't phone with a list of prospective buyers. I am not a patient person, can you tell? I know it could be weeks or months before we get a viewing and that is going to drive me crazy. I have no control over this part of the whole process and I hate not being able to do anything to get the buyers through the front door. The carpets have all been professionally cleaned and the walls all repainted and rooms decluttered as much as possible, so I think I can talk up the house if I could just get someone through the front door. I know it has only been 24 hours and I need to chill but that is sadly not in my nature.

We are viewing a few houses in Lincoln over the weekend just to get a feel for what is up there should this one sell. It looks as if money goes a bit further up there so we should be able to get a much bigger garden for the pups and sam. They all need more room to run around.

Other than painting and cleaning we haven't been up to much-just the usual schoolwork. We are both enjoying learning about the Revolutionary War and has you can see from the pic below had fun reinacting a battle or two. I would love to take him home and show him the sites for real-I know he would love Boston and all the museums in DC.

4 comments:

Dad said...

Patience my dear daughter, clean it and they will come or something like that. You get your lack of patience honestly from me, so blame me on that one, OK. Hope everything goes smooth for you guys.

sam said...

finding it very hard to be patient, especially as we have now seen a house we want! Maybe we will get lucky this week-fingers and toes crossed.

HelenHaricot said...

fingers crossed for quick house sale

sam said...

thank you!