Friday, January 23, 2009

The boys at Linderhoff


The boys at Linderhoff
Originally uploaded by mattamsam
On our last day we visited Linderhoff, the lovely little palace built by Ludwig II. This photo reminds me of a similar visit made by my mom and dad and I when I was about sam's age. We went to the better known palace of Neuschwanstein, also built by Ludwig. As I recall we went in the dead of winter, with snow all around, but dad took us up the summer path! It was a steep winding path covered in snow and took us twice as long as the winter path would have done. It must have been fun though or I wouldn't have kept the memory all these years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tammy I also remember that trip up the path also, just like it was yesterday, we really had a good time and the scenery was just beautiful.