Friday, January 11, 2008

Cover your ears..

Sam has just started to learn to play the recorder and also has plans for the guitar!! He has become interested in music lately and in tidying up his room rediscovered the recorder my in laws gave him a couple of christmases ago that combined with the usborne first recorder tunes book I just happened to have made him want to learn to play. We are also starting to read music and he is fascinated with the idea that you could use music notes to write secret codes. His playing is improving but is still very challenging to listen to! I think I have my old flute up in the loft so will go on a search this weekend. We could play a duet-heaven help M and the neighbors!!

It has been a slow start back to school work, he is still working through his xmas lego and would much rather be doing that. I think the batmobile is finally nearing completion and when it is done it is going up out of the way so it can't be broken, talk about a labor of love! It is for ages 10-12 and it has really challenged sam, something I thought was impossible when it comes to lego.

M was off wednesday afternoon so we went bowling. We all had fun but got beaten by a certain young man. It wasn't fair really as he was using the ball roll instead of rolling the ball himself. We played two games and he got strikes in both, complete with victory dance after each! Next time no ball roll for him! I did manage a couple of spares but also lots of gutter balls, guess I won't be on the olympic team.

No comments: