Thursday, April 05, 2007

Here is one to try at home..

Thought I would post the recipe for slime in case anyone is interested. It is an american recipe so where it says elmer's glue just use pva.

www.sci-experiments.com/slime/slime.html

Sam's slime is still going and still just as fun. it is very durable and I suspect it is going to be around forever. The recipe doesn't suggest glitter but we put glitter in ours just to give it that extra sparkle.


Can't believe that it is good friday already tomorrow. We haven't done anything remotely easterish and haven't even opened the easter books that we got from the library. Guess tomorrow is going to be our easter session. We have lots of eggs to dye, cards to make and history and traditions to learn about. Sam knows the basics (unlike the marketing people at sommerfield-they said that we give eggs and gifts at easter to celebrate christ's birth-oops) but it would be nice to have him learn about the traditions around the day.

We have had a lovely week filled with friends and sunshine. Monday we went down to visit my friend MB whose son is just as lego mad as sam. The two disapeared to his room as soon as we arrived and we had to drag them out later to take them to the park. I got to have lots of cuddles with my goddaughter who is getting to be a very grown up little lady. As it was a beautiful day we took everyone out to cliveden where we ran around the parkland, fed the fish and had ice creams. Sam had a ball with H and F and D, though I think F got a bit fed up with all the talk about lego. It was hard to leave at the end of the day, sam and I both enjoyed ourselves so much. Thank you B's for a lovely day and hopefully it won't be too long before we see you again.

Wednesday was also a social day, though did manage to fit in some school work first, mean mommy that I am. In the afternoon we met up with ML and the boys at Belton House. Sam is now a NT member so it was essentially a free day out. We took the dogs for a long amble through the parkland before heading over to the adventure playground. A walked Rogue and I was very impressed at how well rogue behaved himself. The boys ran wild over the playground and sam ran himself so ragged that I am amazed that he didn't fall asleep on the way home. While on the train ride he informed me that his life is boring and that he needs me to make it more exciting for him. When I enquired what would make it more interesting he said that doing lego all day and science experiments as well would make life perfect for him. While that could cover math, handwriting, reading and of course science not sure how I could work in history, languages and art. I will make sure that we do more hands on science everyweek but as for doing lego all day don't think that is going to happen-unless of course he does it on the weekend. As fun and educational as lego his, you do need a bit of variety in life.

No comments: