Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Birthday catch up

Sam is now 6 and we are all exhausted from celebrating. Friday was the big day and it started early with presents galore in our bedroom. The pups kindly helped him to unwrap everything. Most of the day was spent playing with new toys and putting together lego. Managed to tear him away long enough to go to french but when we got home he was straight into the lego again. M came home early and we went to leicester to buy sam's present from us. This was followed by dinner from pizza hut and more playing!! I hope he had a good day, he certainly seemed smiley and happy the whole day and told everyone he met that it was his special day. I just can't believe that he is 6, it seems just yesterday he was a newborn. He is a lovely boy and we are both very proud of him.

This week has been very much coming down to earth. We eased into the week as we had 3 mystery jobs to do yesterday but hit the books in ernest today. It will be a short work week as auntie C is arriving on thursday and we will be busy showing her the sites of leicester. We plan to take her to the museum and the medieval buidlings in town and to newton's birth place. Lincoln is having an open day on sat so may venture there. We are very excited about her arrival, it has been almost two years since we have seen her. Sam can't wait to introduce her to orlando, though I suspect that she is not quite so keen to meet him.

M is just about ready for his trip and is really looking forward to it. Just hope the weather stays cold for him.


Today was all about mud, both for the canines and the humans. We met up with V & I for a walk and the boys ended up squelching in a huge muddy bog in the park. This was full body squelching and I can honestly say that I have never seen sam more dirty than he was today. I only wish that I had taken the camera. He and I had a blast and will no doubt sleep well tonight. The doggies managed to stay clean but then came home and had a mud fight in the backyard. Luckily I took all the washing in before the mud started flying. Everyone should have glowing coats and skin thanks to the imprompto mud baths.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy,This is great! I have photos of S and I in mud! will send them to you love V x